On May 23, 2017, about 10 years since the first shipped Meraki product, the Meraki network community reached a milestone of 1 million networks!
This comes as no surprise as more and more industries demand that their IT is able do more with less which may include tasks such as:
- Supporting corporate devices and any preferred user devices
- Transitioning to wireless offices and the ability to support remote working
- Enabling massive device expansion and constant digital collaboration
- Ensuring zero downtime and constant change
- And most importantly, Mission Focused Technology, technology which drives the main function of industries such as education in schools and patient care in healthcare.
With so many tasks to deliver, IT teams will need to have simple infrastructures which will allow them to be nimble while being able to adapt with the business. It was at this time Cisco started shipping simpler IT, managed via the cloud, through the Meraki Mini which was well received within the IT community. IT teams were grossly overloaded and spread thin worldwide under the load of legacy systems with clunky interfaces so the then emerging cloud option given was a helpful option to help solve these issues. A far cry from today, cloud services have become an integral part of our daily and corporate lives, even more so as the confidence is growing in the dependability and security of the cloud.
Meraki Mini (2006) Meraki MV (2017)
We are happy to say that we partnered with one of the pioneers of cloud-native IT and will continue to support them the best way we can so that our customers will be able to enjoy all the benefits! To learn more about their products, please see our Cisco product page HERE